The operation of your Property Owners Association (POA), the Carter Plantation Community Association (CPCA), is governed by a board of volunteer directors. This Board of Directors is elected by the CPCA membership to oversee the daily functions and financial responsibilities of the Association. The Board is also responsible for maintaining members’ compliance with the established Protective Covenants and Restrictions (PC&Rs) of the Association. These covenants are upheld with the oversight of the Board of Directors and Community Management, LLC. The PC&Rs have specific provisions regarding what can and cannot be done on your property. You can find these documents on this ebpage under CPCA Documents.
The CPCA has several rolls and responsibilities:
- Collect property owner’s fees (dues) each year. Fees are primarily used for Landscaping, Management Company, Security, Pool, Insurance, Professional Fees and Administrative Costs. A detailed income/expense sheet can be found on the Community Management website
www.cmgt.org/carterplantation. You must have a User ID and Password to logon to that website.
- Operate and direct the Architectural Review Board (ARB)
- Hold an annual Property Owners’ Meeting
- Hold board meetings, usually on the second Tuesday of the Month
- Account for dues collection and expenditures
- Budget for upcoming year
- Interface with the Carter Plantation Community Development District (CDD), as needed
- And the fun stuff . . . encourage the camaraderie of the neighborhood by hosting socials and other